Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Review: Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

bareescentuals selftan bareminerals fauxtan


The UK is filled with sunbeds, spray tan services and oompa loompa's! Honestly, I completely understand where they are coming from and why they are in such high demand. There is minimal sun and even when it does come out it is impossible to sit outside in a bathing suit as it is simply freezing. 

After a lot of online research and comments from my mum saying how pale I looked I was determined to get out there and give the fake tanning trend a go. The most temporary option was a tanning lotion and I had purchased the Bare Escentuals Faux Tan after careful consideration and a lot of recommendations.

The price is decent for the amount you get. I purchased mine from www.feelunique.com for £17.50 (Note: A great website with free shipping). The product claims to deliver a natural looking tan, as if you've spent the day at the beach but without the harmful UV rays from the sun. 

It does give you a nice decent tan but personally the tan is just not as dark as I would like it to be and it and it fades away within three days. It does say if you want a darker tan, you can reapply more but with this in mind the tan does start to look a little orange as you build it up and can start to look quite uneven. The smell is bearable, if you like a cherry-almond like smell then definitely go ahead and try it.

Exfoliating is a MUST to prevent streaking. Also I usually apply this with a tanning kit (another must) after the shower and wear it to bed. It does stain your clothing just a little so I would recommend wearing long pants and sleeves. Also the tan develops but after your first shower, you can see the tan coming off already so it is very temporary. 

Here's my share of say on the product! Let me know what you think of it or any other self tanners that are worthy of trying! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment